Ottmar Liebert's Fanmencos @ OLnet

Monday, August 07, 2006

Kiva-fied


A Luna Negra evening
Originally uploaded by nieve44.
The Kiva Auditorium was certainly an electrifed (kiva-fied) evening for various reasons. First, as Victor mentioned in the previous blog entry ..."the music completely rocked"! This was one of the very reasons Mario and I decided to attend the concert in Albuquerque...to see the new band! What a band!--and again as Victor said, they just seem to be "having so much fun" and the chemistry onstage certainly electrified the audience! To the right of me was this older woman who I will call granny---and granny was rocking to the music! I don't know whose toes were tapping more...hers, mine or the bands!

Another reason, I wanted to attend the concert was to hear Ottmar & the band perform in a different venue than the Verizon Theatre here in Houston, which is not an intimate venue. The Kiva complemented the performance by the band and the intimacy of the setting was electric! Such a sweet buzz! I loved listening to the chatter of the audience before the show and after. I ran into a woman in the hotel elevator across the venue and the first thing she asked..."are you ready for the concert"? She was all smiles and "charged up" about the show!

Just before the show started, I noticed that Jon came out and was tinkering with some equipment on stage! If I didn’t know better, I think he turned up the volume and added some additional “electric charges”! David’s hands were “on fire” and completely wowed the crowd! I wished I had a chance to shake those magic hands! Stephen Duros--love the electricity he brings with his guitar! I could’ve sworn, it appeared that he seemed to take the lead on a few notes! If so, kudos to Ottmar for the passing of the torch! Can’t wait for the new cd’s to come out from Stephen and Jon.

There were no photos allowed in the venue and thus no photos of the concert for fellow fanmencos to see. We tried to get a set list but the Kiva "guard/security" was on high alert!! As Ottmar mentioned there were some issues with security and the "after-show". A special thanks to one of Ottmar's assistants who saw Mario and I hanging outside the bus with posters in hand for an autograph. She rushed right over and took the posters up to the bus for Ottmar to autograph and was very apologetic about what happened after the show.

As we were leaving the show, I looked up into the sky and caught a glimpse of the August moon! The August moon appeared to be electrified as well! ;-)

5 Comments:

  • Thanks for the details. I wish I could have been there. Looking forward to Wednesday here in Phoenix.

    By Blogger MT Callahan, at 11:04 AM  

  • Luz, I'm so happy you and Mario got to be there to experience it! Looks like a very nice theater! That's cool you got the autographed posters even with the tight security.

    By Blogger Victor, at 11:33 AM  

  • That's why Ottmar made a song about the August moon! Thanks for writing here & wonderful you two had such a nice experience. Certainly the venue matters. If ever I will come to the US again to see Ottmar perform, I'll take this into consideration (Mountain Whinery?!?!). But in case Ottmar ever makes a little tour here in Europe, I certainly won't care about which venue it is as long as it is reachable.......

    By Blogger Borya, at 12:45 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger mario, at 12:53 PM  

  • Thank you... It really was a wonderful experience....To see OL/LN in their home state with the best companion! The concert was certainly uplifting. They played with such passion! I will never forget the whole trip. I had OL/LN music running through my head the whole time! Amazing!

    By Blogger mario, at 1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home